Friday, April 2, 2010

a new avenue

First of all thanks to Harshil for this title "a new avenue", so, finally I am here at Vellore and starting a new career as Asst. Professor at VIT University. I am confident, but still have lot of questions about this career. I still wonder that this noble field is still considered 'untouchable' among students here in India. May be they like A/C offices and money involved in the corporate lifestyle. But, looking at the newly selected batch of faculty members here, I am sure that good time is coming in the field of education in India. As for me, I am just following my dream, as Priyanka told some time back "not everybody gets second chance". So, I am all set to enjoy my "second chance".

I wonder sometimes that how much adventure we have in this field, right now I am just having a chat with one of the new joinee with me along with writing this blog. She worked eight years in a University in Chennai, and there they have rule that you can not teach same subject in conseuctive semester, WOW... means lot of new things to learn and expend the circle of knowledge which is really good for someone beginning his career in this field.

Looking at the University and meeting some of the wonderful minds of the country gives me a great satisfaction and proud feeling, I just can't wait for some foreign Universities to come and revolutionalize and revitalize this field in India!

My house hunt is still on, and once I get the place to live I will start to look around and search some of the hidden natural treasures in this part of country... 

till next time... Ciao!  

2 comments:

Priyanka said...

Good to have you back. :)
Only this morning I was wondering if this new field would keep you more occupied than before. But never mind.

All the Best for house-hunt :)

Keep writing.

P.S Teaching new subject every sem, really innovative.

anoop... said...

ya... but thank god its not in my University, otherwise it would have killed me is CS department and also hurt my research plans badly