Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Phone Call

This morning, I was doing my regular stuff at VIT. Suddenly my phone rang with some unknown number...
"Good Morning"
"Good Morning, may I speak to Mr. Anoop Jain... I am calling from ***** Communications"
"Yes, this is Anoop. How can I help you?"
"I have seen your profile on one of the job protals, as you are working in the hardware design and development so we have a good job offer for you in our company"
"O.K., can you send me the job description on my email mentioned on the same portal"
"Sure, I will send it to you. May I know what is your current location and where are you working now?"
"I am currently in Vellore and working as Assistant Professor in VIT University"
"Oh, so you are in academics?"
"Yes, Sir I am!"
"I am really sorry Sir, I have mistakenly called you. We can not offer this position to you"
"OK, not a problem. But may I know why?"
"(silence...)"
"Sir you there..."
"Yes...we are looking for professionals..."
"...and not looking for those who prepare these professionals?"
"(silence...).... its not like that sir"
"...anyways, thanks for your time... "

.... I don't know how and when this mentality will change... but this needs to be changed.

1 comment:

Priyanka said...

Thought provoking!!!
Your post left me speechless.