Sunday, January 11, 2009

States...

Today, I was just counting that how many Indian states and Union Territories I have visited and what I liked most about them...

1. Assam- Assam like most of the NE states has an enigmatic nature in it, its alluring beauty and people will make you fall in love with it
2. Bihar- Even though its full of poor people lacking basic necessities in life, but they always find a way to relish their life
3. Chandigarh*- I love roads and rock garden
4. Chhattisgarh- Before the naksalite problem started the jungles were deep and soothing
5. Delhi*- I love driving down the roads of the Red fort and north and south block, make me proud
6. Goa- woooooooo... amazing place and some of the best beaches in the country, like Morjim (with white send and no sign of human being)
7. Gujarat- Warm people, very welcoming, good food and kites!
8. Haryana- I like the true Indian beauty of villages and farms
9. Himachal Pradesh- For me one of the top two beautiful states in the country kullu, manali, dalhozi, khajyer, shimla, some amazing trekking spots like rohtank and dobi on top of that water rafting
10. Jammu and Kashmir- Still waiting for Laddakh trip, but Jammu and Kashmir are gems in the Indian geography
11. Karnataka- I have never seen such greenery as it was on road from Maharastra to Karnataka
12. Kerala- Second most beautiful state, it has energy flowing in air which rejuvenate you!
13. Madhya Pradesh- The best place in the world... Indore.... Home sweet Home
14. Maharashtra- I don't like Mumbai much, but saurastra part is amazingly beautiful specially in the rainy season
15. Orissa- I don't remember much about this state as visited it a long ago
16. Punjab- Some of the best people in the world, just go to any village in this state and you will find how to live the life with true passion and vigor
17. Rajasthan- I love this state colors and beauty... Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Udaypur (I love this city) are just few names to fall for
18. Sikkim- I still remember one of the most beautiful experience that I ever had... Changu Lake... lovely people and lovely state
19. Tamil Nadu- I love Kanyakumari's Vivekananda Statue and the meditation room inside it, an experience hard to explain in words
20. Uttar Pradesh- True rustic India
21. Uttarakhand- Beautiful, Jim Carbet is amazing
22. West Bengal- Kolkata is true City of Joy... I wish they can keep it clean, learning about life of Swami Vivekananda was the icing on the cake

4 comments:

Priyanka said...

You have been to places sir. I would love to see more of India once I get back. And you have been to Jim Corbet too..must have been great. I always wanted to go there and the NE states. Continue you Voyage and keep us posted with the new experiences.

Anonymous said...

Whoa!!! You really are a traveler. I haven't been to even half of these places :( I envy you *so* much :P
Anyway, I hope this desire of traveling never dies in you and you explore many many more places in future :-)

anoop... said...

@ Priyanka... you should visit NE, that a whole different world

anoop... said...

@ Nandita.. Amen, is there any Indian channel who is looking for making some program like traveler :)