Friday, December 30, 2011

4 Books

Before starting this post, I must confess that I am not a big time reader. Specially past 2-3 years were my non-book-reading years. So these book may not be gems, but I like them very much... 

1. Its not about the bike: My journey back to life (Lance Armstrong)- Its autobiography of Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong, one of the best book I read in my life. This book is not stop journey in a life of a guy who never gives up. This book amazes me sometimes about the spirit that Lance has, and also a big inspiration source for me. 

2. The motorcycle diaries (Che Guevara)- As wikipedia says "The Motorcycle Diaries is a memoir that traces the early travels of Marxist revolutionary Ernesto "Che" Guevara." I picked up this book after reading its synopsis on some website, being traveler I like to read travelogue and this one was much more than just another travelogue. It was a window in Che's life, his early days before he became famous. 

3. The Bhagwat Gita for daily living (Eknath Easwaran)- I am not a religious person, I saw this book first when I was in my final year of Engineering. I started reading first part of this book (it is a three book set) during breaks and free lectures from library, and after graduation I purchased all three parts. Though I have never finished these books but still they are in my favorite list. Whenever I am down or want to have some space for self, I spend some time with it. I think that is one of the reason that I have not completed it, as I want to keep it in my reading list as long as I can. I must say that I am impressed with the modern world illustrations and discussions given in this set of books. 

4. Shantaram (Gregory David Roberts)- Its about an incredible journey of a convict from Australia who escaped prison and went on to become entrepreneur in Australia, but this novel covers a part of his life when he come to India and joined underworld and also about hardships of life. A story inspired by life of author is one of the most addictive novel I have ever read (apart from Angles and Demons). I can't wait to read its sequel coming mid of 2012. 
 

No comments: