Thursday, September 4, 2008

Birthday...

So finally I got time to get back to Voyage...
Lets have headlines first-
1. Celebrated my birthday after a long three year break that too with some surprises on stack
2. Finally got chance to go on wild cave exploration and spend a whole day underground
3. Went to Six Flags at St. Louis for the whole day fun
4. Celebrated Ganesh Chaturthi (Indian Festival) with Ganesh Sthapana

I can bet that this post will not be enough for explaining all these together, so lets start the recap with my Birthday-
The whole story started with new students coming for Fall'08 semester, and as the president of Indian Association of university I was taking care of their initial arrangements etc. As of my usual habit no one knows my birthday in advance, but just because of one of my friends prank on orkut these guys came to know about my birthday...

It was evening of 21st Aug, Harshil came to me as ask for going out for a walk then suddenly he changed plan and said that lets go at 11:30 this night... this was enough signal to ring bells in my mind, but as time passed I could seance some thing was cooking around but I thought that they may arrange some small party tonight, but as it was close to 12:00 I could feel a bunch of people outside my apartment and inside, Harshil was trying his best to keep me busy with some videos on you tube... then suddenly door opens and 5-6 guys came in and locked me in my room. Finally room opened after a while and up to top of my surprise it was a whole group of about 25 (or may be more) new and old students there is my apartment... I said to my self... OMG its not happening... then cake... candles... ice cream (as I don't eat cake) and gifts to add on to surprise (as gifts are very uncommon here). Full 2-3 hours of fun that too a very decent fun which is very unlikely here.

So finally, the day started I was very busy for first half of the day I got time to have lunch about 4:30 PM (WOW!!!). I was having a foot long at subway then suddenly my mobile phone rang and it was Hitoshi calling from international center (where I was volunteering for last 1.5 years), and he invited me for dinner with new students at 6:00 PM, well I thought lets go there and have some fun with newbies from around the world... we went to international cafe and for the first time in my life I ordered some middle eastern dist named 'Falafal'... but again a surprise was waiting for me... it was not the casual dinner party... rather it was my BIRTHDAY PARTY... gush! everyone was around and singing happy birthday to you!!! I got wishes from most of the languages from world... and it was time to go back home to throw a birthday party in desi style... I arranged a small pizza party that evening (courtesy: Domino's for cheap pizza!) and it went on till 12:00 but it was not the end... still to come a friend and again we ordered a pizza and then she left at 2:00 and I went back for a most awaited sleep...

No comments: