Sunday, September 7, 2008

Balloon Festival

Before talking about my caving experience, let me tell you about the balloon festival in Columbia. Its was simply rocking time and experience. Just on the next day to my birthday, I went to Columbia annual balloon festival, it was Saturday and we left at late afternoon, I was there with four of my friends. It was not a good condition for balloons to go high in sky and organizers have canceled the race but they announced that there illumination and other scheduled events will be there.

We reached there about 5:00 PM and for the first time in my life I have seen about 30 balloons together, while walking down the ground I was observing the whole process the set up the balloons and how they were filling hot air in it. I could see some balloons flying in sky in twilight conditions but most of them were standing on ground. I could see most of the balloons with some themes specially one with tiger theme (Go Mizzou Tigers!!!). It was more like a family fun fest and I have seen this many children together for the first time in US, also on the same note I could see most of the balloons were set up by families rather then a group of individuals.

Finally after some wait the illumination has started, telling you the truth it was a hack of experience... the whole show was gorgeous with the sound all lights are up in all balloons and also some rhythmic fire as well. I didn't even realized that how next one hour passed in watching show and taking photographs.

No comments: