Saturday, August 28, 2010

My own Star Trek...

Yesterday I was watching movie Star Trek (2009), though I am big Star Wars fan, but I must admit that I enjoy Star Trek occasionally, specially this flick when I watched first time in Columbia. I went home and watched most of the series from beginning. One of the interesting thing about both the movie series are their opening and closing monologues. We all know about Star Wars's "Long time ago, in a galaxy far far away... " similarly Star Trek has “Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Her five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.” very interesting and full of adventure. 

Today, I thought why not define my own voyage the way Star Trek has done... 

"Space and time are the new frontiers. These are the voyages of a complicated mind, on a mission of learning and understanding each and everything comes in its way. Its mission to explore and develop a brave new world for itself, meet distant civilizations and live a life full of adventure."

Seems like the Sci-fi craze is back! I really need to search my collection back and take out some of the good documentaries, books on space otherwise I will kill a week watching movies again.

No comments: