Friday, February 26, 2010

Yesterday Once More


This is the generation of Rock music and Hard Metal, and I am one of them who follow this form of music religiously. But, some time you are not in mood to listen the 'heavy' music and at one such moment about two years back I started searching some old school stuff. The result was incredible and more than my expectation.


I started with listening to Smokies, Chirs Nroman was just amazing those days leading Smokies to name and fame. As I started exploring, it was really hard to believe that how such a wonderful music can be forgotten or lost. The list goes on with The Carpenters, Eagles, Scorpions and many more such groups. More I listen more I am involved with them, whether its small account of Yesterday Once More (Carpenters) or the extreme emotions with Lay Back in the Arms of Someone (Smokies). Each and every song has something to offer with its uniqueness and simplicity. How can one forgot Hotel California (Eagles) or Wind of Change (Scorpions). Well, after listening to these songs on youtube, the next thing in my to-do list to purchase some of these musical gems to keep them with me all the time.


Now looking at some other untouched music, especially by Indian audience is American Country Music. There are a lot of small music bands there, and believe me they carries a whole new dimension in the world of music. They may not me huge hits around the globe like their pop and rock counterparts but they are no less in quality. I started listening to this form of music during my road trip to Cumberland Island in Georgia, while playing around different radio stations while passing through states of Tennessee, Kentucky, and Georgia. Just roam around the Nashville- the music capital of America and listen to the singers on road side, you will not believe that you may never want to leave that place due to mixed effect of atmosphere of Somkie Mountains and the Country Music… its like drinking 200 yrs old wine. You might want to check some of numbers by Taylor Swift, Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley, Julianne Hough, Keith Urban, etc. The use of the basic instruments like Guitar, Harmonica, Banjo, and Mandolin will take you to another level of musical satisfaction.

2 comments:

Priyanka said...

Nice ARTICLE :)

I like Keith Urban and Carrie.

anoop... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.