Saturday, December 29, 2007

Its one year now...

It has been a year since I left India. That was a cold morning of 30th Dec. when I caught my flight from Delhi. Now just recounting the days here in one year.

First few months were the months of learning and adjustments, learning outside home and adjusting inside home. That was an interesting period with a lot of new experiences I enjoyed that time and exploited most of it. For me, the most important that I gained from that is the that I came out of the comfort zone, so it has opened a lot of new paths and opportunities. And all ended with a poor result of the first semester.

Next couple of months were very different from these first months, I worked full time in summer, joined CAI (Cultural Association of India), got fee waiver, got funding from two departments, had my first road trip in US (South Dakota), and a lot more. Probably a lot of things have been done in very little time. All that kept me occupied... in and out of curriculum.

Then comes the last part of year, the third color of the flag of 2007... it was more into other work then into studies like organizing India Week and India Nite there, then tried some hand in administrative part of different things, working with International center and establish myself as a good cook ;-). But last few months were really nice exams were just after the India Nite, and that calls for sudden change in gears from one world to other world. I executed it successfully and got some good grads as well.

So, it was a summery of my first year here. A lot of things are missing in this brief account. I will come to them as par time and need...

1 comment:

Pritesh Jain said...

good going dude. Keep it up.
A Happy Anniversary and also a very happy new year. :)