Friday, January 21, 2011

Poem: A Face

It has been a while since I wrote my last poem. So here is the new entry in poem list... I know that I suck at English poetry, but Winston Churchill and wall paper of my desktop says- "Never Never Never Give Up"... so I will keep trying. Though, Hindi poems will continue to flow... 
This Poem is collection of some totally random thought, that I was having this evening and I penned them down... so structure of poem is weak.  
A Face

It was a summer evening,
I was going on with some musing,
Passing by woods and bright summer stream,
I saw a face…

A face so soothing, so beautiful,
A face so pure, so soulful,
A face of faith, a face of grace,
A face little unknown, a face little known…

A face with unknown charm,
A face with known warmth,
I knew that this face was the answer,
The answer of my all questions…

I felt that I reached the destination,
The destination of an unknown quest,
It was end of my voyage,
It was the ‘moment’ of my life…
 
With an end came a new beginning,
I began the journey to love and life,
A journey to the self, 
I call it, my return to innocence… 
-anoop
Ciao...

13 comments:

Pranali said...

if u saw a face in the woods, then for it was the face of the Wild Bison (Indian Junglee Bhaisaa)...

Didnt know that you culd find its face soothing & calm!

And pls decide whether you penned the poem or penciled it!!!

hehehehehe :)

anoop... said...

Thanks! thats exactly expected from you... :)
I penned poem as I left pencil for kids like you! lol

Anonymous said...

Great, i found what i 've been lookin for.

Priyanka said...

A new voyage then. Another journey begins. And the sense of fulfillment must have been great.

Nicely put down thoughts. :) I liked it.

anoop... said...

@Anonymous... glad that you got something here, if you don't mind sharing I will be interested in knowing that what you have been looking for
Priyanka... thanks!

Mudita said...

simple and (hence) beautiful peace of poetry!Reminds me of my fav Paulo Coelho quote :)Last few lines are really nice...and last one is perfect!:)

anoop... said...

@Mudita... Thanks! and may I know your quote?

Mudita said...

"It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary."

anoop... said...

Interesting! It is instant classic for me...

Mudita said...

Cool!Cos the second part is..."only wise men are able to understand them!" :D

anoop... said...

Let me tell you one of my favorite line... if you remember there was an old advt starring Kapil Dev... there is said "Simplicity main adbhut shakti hoti hai"
and to understand that incredible power, one has to be wise!

Pranali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
anoop... said...

Don't you know? I am second most corrupt person in the world following YOU!