Sunday, January 16, 2011

Randomization

Last few days were little busy, new semester has started and I was trying to bring some new stuff in my teaching methodology, so I was occupied in work related stuff. In the mean time I had some interesting conversations with one of my friend and few students, which left me thinking…

Few days back I was talking to a very close friend of mine, and our topic diverted towards careers and work related stuff. I asked her about my work and how she feel about it, she told me that may be you are doing good over there in field of education, but that is not the right place for you. I asked her, then where I am more suited? Her response was you better be in any research lab. On the same note, during my informal conversations with my students, I often find them wondering about my career choice. For, both the cases I have same answer, that’s what I am and that’s what I want to do. I love teaching, I love interacting with number of people and I enjoy what I am doing.

After having a degree from US and good on and off-curriculum track record work in some MNC seems to be and obvious choice. But, I don’t identify myself with that life or little rudely I can say that, that life is boring for me. I know that sometimes I am doing some silly things here, which I often find funny and immature. But if everyone is scared of it than who will take the lead?

My philosophy is very simple and very straight forward; I want to be the best in the world at what I do. Definitely I am not at this point of time, and may be I will never be. But all that matter is by every passing moment I am improving myself and I am right on 'it'. My to-do list is little long and little ambitious, so I have lot to do in next few decades so why worry about what others think… just live life king size, be good ,do good and enjoy the cup of life till its last drop!

P.S.- thanks to Priyanka for pointing out a blunder... late night blogging is not good ;)
Ciao...

2 comments:

Priyanka said...

As long as you are happy and satisfied in what you do, only a couple of things matter then. Others' opinions and/or trends are NOT among them.
So enjoy what you do and stick to your path of "being the best of you".

All the Best!!

anoop... said...

thanks :)