Tuesday, December 21, 2010

"Say"

After a long time, a came across a song which is worth posting. It not a very new song, but I heard it sometime back and it got lost in shuffle. I must say it has double effect if you listen it rather than just reading the lyrics, so here it is "Say"- By John Mayer

"Say"

Take all of your wasted honor
Every little past frustration
Take all of your so-called problems,
Better put 'em in quotations

Say what you need to say [x8]

Walking like a one man army
Fighting with the shadows in your head
Living out the same old moment
Knowing you'd be better off instead,
If you could only . . .

Say what you need to say [x8]

Have no fear for giving in
Have no fear for giving over
You'd better know that in the end
Its better to say too much
Then never say what you need to say again

Even if your hands are shaking
And your faith is broken
Even as the eyes are closing
Do it with a heart wide open

Say what you need to say [x24]
 
P.S.- This song is worth dedicating to everyone reading this post...

6 comments:

Pranali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
anoop... said...

the moment I start it, lot of people will be in big trouble. So, for greater good its better to keep quiet till right time comes

Mudita said...

Nice!Like the "Bucket List" OST version.Interestingly, my mind is working on one such list.:) Btw, pls add a warning in footnote for people to ignore the third stanza there, before attending any performance appraisals.Might prove fatal :)

anoop... said...

Bucket List was the first time I heard it, and just loved it! Do work on your bucket list... I have mine ready (posted it on blog sometime back), I had to prepare two lists as I needed separate list for travel ;)

Third stanza... very true! I will follow it as first PI of my life is on its way!

Priyanka said...

This is like a 'shake' song. Like "what have u been doing until now. Wake up, its time to act", song. Its like someone waking u up from the virtual dream and asking u to do what u should have done a long time ago.

- On that Bucket list thing, I loved what Kiara said in Anjana Anjani."Log ye marne k liye karte hain, hum jeene k liye karenge".
Why make a list "thing to do before I die"? Make a list "thing to do while I live".

anoop... said...

I have not seen Anjana Anjani, what you are saying is true. But in the end what matters is to 'DO'... irrespective of what kind of list we have