Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Suit Up!

So in next two days my first semester as an instructor will be over, seems like that time just fly by like anything. I still feel like my first class just got over there, I was little nervous as well as confident about the choices I made. This one semester definitely was a roller coaster ride with lot of ups and downs, got a chance to meet some of the very interesting people as well as some of very irritating individuals. This profession teaches you a lot, I remember I was very sensitive person specially when there is anything related to me, or people connected to me or my country is going on, and always believed in making everyone happy (no matter what) but now I am learning to be little tough with people and situations. 

I loved the work, my class at the same time I hated the admin work to my guts. But all are part of academic life, I am really happy that I have not compromised on my mission (may be in some other post), at the same time sad to know about dishonesty, and disrespect growing in this field. Its high time when both faculty and students should understand their responsibility and behave accordingly. Looking at the brighter side, I must say that it was a pleasure to guide some of brightest minds in the country and interact with them and make a bond with the neo-mentality, and I hope to continue the same in coming time.

It was a great learning experience so far and I am looking forward to next semester, I am really not sure how long I will be in this profession, but I want to learn and enjoy every moment of it.

So, suiting up for coming semester... 

P.S.- I am learning to say 'no' as well :)

Ciao

2 comments:

Mudita said...

You are in a great profession!And from what I have seen in my family, you will definately earn the respect of all the right and bright pupils :)all the best! Hope next sem turns out to be legen---wait for it---dary!! :)

anoop... said...

@Mudita... Thanks! good to have you back! and next sem will be Awwsssoooommmmeeee (u kno the tone to use while reading this word ;))