Sunday, October 19, 2008

Chicago Diary... Day-2

Date: Oct 19th, 2008

The morning begins with a wonderful breakfast, Gujarti thepla, Kaju Katli, some Namkeen etc. After having stomach full of breakfast, we left to catch the train from Cumberland station which is very close to our hotel. There we came to know that some construction work is going on and train will drop us at Irving Park station and wee need to catch the connecting train from Belmont station, but heats off to the system here that cts (Chicago Transportation Services) has arranged a great bus connection which immediately take you to the Belmont station without westing any time and you can catch the next connecting train from there. We got the train from there and reached Washington at 10:50.

Our first spot for the day was Millennium Park which was 10 min walk from Washington station, I must admit it is one of the best example of the modern construction and engineering work (watch photos when I upload), especially the bean over there was simply great! I spend about 45 min in observing bean and taking photographs there, from there we went to Old Navy shop at downtown Chicago for some shopping.

After shopping we decided to move to the Shadd Aquarium and Field Museum, it took me some time to figure out the bus connection over there and I must admit I almost lost my direction sense (which I am proud of!) into those streets with sky creepers, luckily intuition paid that time and we got the right bus to the next destination.

Shedd Aquarium was a good collection of the marine life, divided into sections as the continents of the world but it didn't live up to my expectation. I was expecting some more, but really disappointed with occeanerium closed there and I could not see the dolphins :(. But overall its a decent place to spend 2-3 hours. After that we moved to Field Museum, it was freaking great place, but due to time constraint, we need to shorted up our visit to limited sections within three hours. If you really want to enjoy this place, I recommend you about 5-6 hours for this place.

Then comes the last part for of the day... Devon Street!!! The true and authentic Indian street in Chicago, we invested almost two hours to reach there but all time paid off as soon as I started eating Masala Dosa!!! OMG... I was really missing it badly... it was eating like I have not eaten for some billion or trillions of years. Then it was time to come back to hotel... we started back about 10:30 and reached back by 12:30... and crashed on bed!

This is the morning of day-3 and this is the last day of the Chicago trip... I am trying my luck again with zoo to see Dolphin show lets see...

No comments: