Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Auroville

I spent my last weekend in Pondicherry, the trip was very successful as I got some quality time to spend with family. Pondicherry as a place is just an average spot to visit, I would say nothing outstanding that I have never seen, but it has some typical beauty that is mesmerizing. We didn't want to rush the trip, so we have visited very few places. Some of the things to do in Pondy are-
1. Take a downtown walk around Aurobindho Samadhi, the nearby French consulate and some of the buildings are really beautiful. 
2. Spend an evening a Rock Beach. 
3. Spend a morning at Auroville Beach or Paradise Beach. 
4. Visit Auroville and spend some time to learn about that place. 
5. Make sure to eat a any local pizza outlet, a lot of them are there you will like the test there. 

I wrote this blog to share information about Auroville, it is a world village conceived by Shri Aurobhidho and The Mother. The place where there is no religion, no money, no color. It is a world town where people from different part of world stay and work in collaboration and harmony. A true peaceful and beautiful place that has lot to offer. We had some time constraint, so couldn't spent enough time to explore more about the town. Hopefully in next trip will get to know that place more closely... but do visit their website and learn about their unique concept of peaceful leaving.

1 comment:

Pranali said...

I remember when we were asked to give feedback about our teachers!! I don't think I ever wrote it seriously.. But now I wish I did... Hey, which subject do you teach?