Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Please! Let 'em fly...

Now a days, when I see local news paper here, I noticed a lot of focus is given on how Indians are doing in other countries. It is no secret now that many of the top companies in the world are headed by Indians or people of Indian origin. In the list of richest people in world you see two Indians among top five (not referring to any latest list...). But, a common factor in all the stories is that they left the country and then they earned the spot where they are these days. 

India is a amazing country, people here learn to struggle and grow as their life proceeds. So, it makes really easy for them to grow in other countries where the struggle is very less to none and as a result you see LN Mittle, Indira Nui etc. But what are those factors which are keeping same person behind in their own country. Sometimes I think about these factors and in the end everything becomes so complex that I choose to leave this topic. But, now here in VIT I am learning some of these things... and I will share with you as the time permits and relate my experiences with current day problems.

The very first thing that I learned here that we waste a lot of time of some non essential things. I can tell you about many complex processes in India which are comparatively very simple in other countries. Right from any simple work in the municipal corporation of your city to get driving license to just pay your fee in college. Everywhere things are so complex that most of the time we give up. This things lead to corruption, as we are so frustrated with the whole system that we like to pay some extra bucks to get over things done in easy way. With time this dependency becomes habit... and result is what we see around us. Other thing that I have seen is that we spend so much of energy in paper work, for a very small and insignificant work we use a lot of applications, which lead to nothing but wastage of time, energy and paper. I am not opposing the use of papers for important stuff, but using so much paper for nothing never makes sense to me... 

So, in this frustrating atmosphere if someone wants to do something better for himself, for his society and country... probably he/she will spend his young energy is most useless work and but the time that person is ready to explore the world... probably half of his age will be gone! 

2 comments:

Priyanka said...

Couldn't agree more.
Now that I might be joining "those Indians" who go abroad for good, I have the same reasons.
We don't realize what we are missing unless we experience it. And in my 3 years of stay in US I came to know why people who move there once don't wanna come back.

India needs reforms, major ones. Which I don't see coming in near future. Thanks to the deep roots of politics, corruption and good for nothing government.

anoop... said...

ya its true... hopefully I will stay here and try to make it better place to welcome you in future ;)